Call of Duty Mobile is one of the popular mobile battle royal games that the Android and iOS users can play. While the game works most of the time smoothly, however, at times, you may encounter Joining game, loading timeout error when joining a battle royal or multiplayer match.
Several other users are experiencing connection terminated or connection timed out Call of Duty Mobile error as well.
The error occurs when the user has received a match and is about to enter the game. The error forces the user to reload the game and then continues with the error.
The Joining game, a loading timeout error is a network error and can be resolved by following a few quick steps in this article.
Steps to fix Call of Duty Mobile Joining game, loading timeout error
1. Change network mode
- Open the Settings menu on your Android phone.
- Tap on Connections.
- Tap on Mobile Networks.
- Select Network Mode.
- If the Network Mode is set to auto 4G/3G/3G, then select 2G only.
- Once the 2G network is set, tap on Network Mode again.
- Select the 4G/3G/2G (Auto connect) option again.
- Close the Settings app.
- Launch COD Mobile and try joining a game.
- You should be able to join the battle royal as well as the multiplayer match without any error this time.
Changing the Network Mode to 2G only and then back to 4G did help me resolve the Call of Duty Mobile error and continue to play the game without any error.
2. Try VPN network
- Download the ExpressVPN app from the Google Play Store or Apple Store.
- If you don’t have an account, proceed to create a new account.
- Tap on Select Location to view all the servers offered by the app.
- Locate the Canada region and select Montreal – 2 server.
- Connect to the server.
- Once connected, open COD Mobile and try joining a game.
- Changing the server region has helped many users resolve the error.
If the issue persists or if you are looking for a free VPN service, try Panda VPN. You can connect to premium servers after playing an add. Even though annoying, Panda VPN is one of the best free VPN for Android devices.
3. Login with Call of Duty ID
- Launch the game and try joining a match.
- When the Loading Timeout message appears, tap on Cancel or OK.
- The game will try to load again.
- When you get to the login screen, tap to login using Call of Duty account instead of your Facebook account.
- If you were already using your Call of Duty account, try using the Facebook account instead.
- Enter the credentials for your Facebook / Call of Duty account and login.
- Once logged, try to join a match and check for any improvements.
4. Clear game cache and saved data
- Tap on Settings.
- Scroll down and open Apps.
- Search for Call of Duty Mobile and open it.
- Tap on Storage option.
- Tap the Clear Cache button. Then tap Yes if asked to confirm the action.
- Try launching the game and check if the error is resolved.
Clear COD Mobile data
Clearing the COD Mobile data will delete all the additional files (for example new maps etc) from the device and you will need to redownload files again.
- In the COD Mobile Storage section, tap on Clear data.
- Then click OK to confirm the action.
- Close the Settings app.
- Relaunch Call of Duty Mobile and check for any improvements.
If the issue persists, even after following all the steps in this article, then the issue can be with the Call of Duty servers. In this case, waiting for a couple of hours or in extreme cases, a few days can help you get rid of the error automatically.
Follow all the steps in this article to fix Call of Duty Mobile Joining game, loading timeout error, connection terminated or timed out error and let us know which method helped you resolve the issue in the comments.
More Stories You May Like: