Most of the today’s smartphones comes with a good amount of internal storage of 8GB/16GB/32GB, and also most of the smartphones storage can be expandable through an microSD up to 32GB/64GB/128GB. Now despite having a good amount of storage in your phone, your phones storage may go out of space. The reason is more number of HD quality content than ever before.
In order to free up some space you may try to delete some unwanted files and medias, and that’s a good idea, but what about the duplicate files which are consuming the space of your storage?
At times, simply cleaning your smartphone for duplicate files can free up a few gigabyters of space on your smartphone.
Now finding and deleting an duplicate file is not as easy as you think. mMst of the duplicate files are saved in different names and it’s difficult to find them.
So in order to find and delete duplicate files we can use a few Android apps, which are available for free in the Play store. Using these apps will make your work easy and quick. Now to delete duplicate files in your Android phone follow the steps given below.
Find and Delete Duplicate Files on your Android Phone
- First of all you need to download the ”Search Duplicate File” app from here.
- Once successfully downloaded, install that app in your phone.
- After installing, launch the app.
- Now you will see all the folders are selected by default. You just need to tap on the search icon, in order to start the searching process.
- The searching process will take some time to complete, the timing mainly depends upon the storage capacity of your phone.
- Once the process gets completed, all the duplicate files will be arranged in different groups.
- In order to delete a duplicate file, just tap on it and then tap on Delete Selected Files. Do the same in order to delete other duplicate files.
That’s all you need to do. By deleting all the duplicate files in your phone will help you to free up a good amount of space of your storage.
However, just make sure that you manually check for duplicate images shown by the app. At times, the two images that look identical could possibily be two different image that the app cannot diffiritate between. So, a bit manual is process is required at the user end.