Today in this guide we are up with a solution to fix the most common and frustrating error named Error 491 in Android. Previously we have posted solutions for different types of Google Play Store error, and today we will be guiding you to overcome error 491.
Mainly errors like 491, 963, 927 and so on occurs when you try to update or install any games or apps from Play store. The error could occur due to corrupted data in Google Play Store or the Google Play Service. If you are facing the error 491 and looking for a working fix for it, then this post will assist you with a step by step guide.
Fix Google Play Error 491
Clear Data and Cache
In this method, we will try to solve this error 491 by clearing the data and cache of Google Play Store and Play Services. To do so follow below:
- First of all, go to Settings.
- In Settings, scroll down and select Apps or Application Manager.
- Under Apps or Application Manager, find Google Play Store and tap to open it.
- Now tap on Clear Data and Cache.
- If you don’t find Clear Data and Cache, tap on Storage, and here you can find it.
- Now go back, and you have to do the same for Google Play services.
- To do this go to, Settings and select Apps or Application Manager, and then tap Google Play Services.
- Now repeat the same process Clear Data and Cache
- That’s it. See whether the error 491 solved or not. If not then no need to worry, try the method given below.
Re-Add your Google Account
If the method given above didn’t work for you, then you can try this method to fix this problem.
- Unlock your Phone and Go to Settings.
- In Settings, Go to Accounts.
- Now select the options Google.
- Select your Google account, tap the three dots at the top right and tap on Remove Account.
- Once removed, Reboot your phone.
- After getting rebooted, go back to the Google and Re-Add your account by providing the respective credentials.
That’s all you need to do. See whether the error 491 has gone away. To check just go the Play Store and try updating or installing and apps or games.
Do you have any other solution fix this issue? Do let us know in the comments below.