Recently some of the Android users had been reporting that they are frequently facing an error named “Can’t establish a reliable data connection to the server” This could be a temporary problem, or your SIM card may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call Customer Care, whenever they try to add a Google account on their phone. If you are facing this error, then this post will help you. Here are some of the methods which you can try to overcome this error. Try the below-given methods one by one to be able to overcome this problem.
Switch to Other Data Connection
The very first method you can try to overcome this error is to try switching to any other data connection or any Wi-Fi connection. Your current Data connection may also cause this error, so try connecting to any nearby WiFi or any other network. Then once again try re-adding your Google Account.
Google Apps Reset
In this method we will try to fix the error by resetting all the Google apps on your phone, To do so:
- Unlock your phone and Go to Settings.
- Now in Settings, Go to Apps.
- In Apps, Go to Google Apps.
- Now select Storage.
- In Storage, Click on Clear data and Cache.
Now see if the error has gone away or not. If not, try other solutions given below.
Set Correct Date and Time
If the above-mentioned method didn’t work in your case, then see whether the Date and Time on your phone are correct or not. If not then set the correct date and time on your phone. To do so:
- Go to Settings.
- In Settings, scroll down and select Date and Time option, and then Manually set up the date and time on your phone.
- Now try re-adding your Google account.
Add your Account Using YouTube
You can try adding your Google account using YouTube.
- Launch the YouTube app.
- Now go to YouTube Menu.
- In Menu, tap on My Account.
- Then tap on Add Account.
- Now add your Google account by providing the respective credentials.
- Once done, return to YouTube Home screen.
- Now Tap on Menu.
- In Menu, Go to Settings.
- In Settings, Tap on Accounts & Sync.
Now select the account which you had added previously, and set the Sync settings as you liked.
Modify Host File
Note: This method is only for the rooted Android phones.
- At first Download the Root Explorer from here.
- Once downloaded, Install it on your device.
- Now Launch the Root Explorer and on the Top screen select “mount r/w as r/o”.
- Now open the etc. file.
- Then open the Host file.
- Now change the 2nd IP Address by adding # in front of in.
That’s it. See whether the error has solved or not.
So, these are some of the fixes that you can try to get rid of “Can’t establish a reliable data connection to the server” error in Android. I hope any one of the above-mentioned methods will work for you. If you have questions, leave them in the comments.