Making a custom ringtone for your iPhone using iTunes may seem a bit difficult and confusing, but it’s not that tough. If you are looking for a guide, which can teach you how to create a custom ringtone for your iPhone using iTunes, then you are at the right place. In this post, I will show you how to make custom music ringtones using iTunes for Apple devices.
Note: If you want to make a custom ringtone, then the song you select should be purchased from iTunes. Before you proceed, to avoid confusion, it’s better if you check whether the selected song is purchased or not.
Make Custom Ringtones Using iTunes
- At first, Open iTunes on your PC and go to Edit.
- Now go to Preferences.
- In Preferences, Go to Import Settings.
- Now check whether the Import Using setting is set to AAC Encoder, If not, then set it.
- Go to Music Library, and select the song you would prefer, then right click and select Get Info.
- Now go to Options, and check in the Start time and Stop Time options. Now you can set the duration of the song, from where it will start, and where it will stop. Once done with the duration settings, tap OK to finish the process.
- Now you can see the Ringtone in the iTunes. So select the option File.
- In File, select “Create New Version”.
- Then select Create ACC Version.
- Once done with this, your 30-second Ringtone will be ready, which you can just drag and drop it your desktop.
- Now right-click on file on your Desktop and rename it with .m4r extension.
- Once renamed, You can connect your iPhone to your PC/Computer using a cable.
- Now in iTunes, you should select the icon for your device.
- Choose the Tones option in “On My Device”.
- Now you just need to press the sync button to sync your iPhone.
- Once successfully synced, your ringtone is available on your iPhone.
- In order to check the ringtone on your iPhone, go to Settings.
- In Settings, go to Sounds, then select Ringtones.
That’s all you need to do. Once done with all this stuff, go back to the original song we used to make the ringtone, select Get Info and set back to the normal duration under Options.
Your customised ringtone for your iPhone is ready to use. For any doubts or suggestions do let us know in the comments.