If you are using a dual monitor setup to increase your productivity, why are you still using the background wallpaper on both the monitors? Windows 10 allows you to set a different wallpaper on each monitor in Windows 10.
Let’s find out the two ways to set different wallpaper on each monitor in Windows 10.
How to set different background wallpaper for different monitors in Windows 10
1. Use the Settings app
- Click on Start and select Settings.
- Go to Personalization.
- Select Background.
- Scroll down to Choose your picture
- If you don’t have your picture displayed, click the Browse
- Select and add your picture.
- Right-click on the picture that you want to set as the background wallpaper.
- Select Monitor 1 or Monitor 2 as per your preference.
Repeat the steps to set different wallpaper background on all of your monitors.
2. Use Control Panel Personalization
Note: On the newer version of Windows 10 (Build 1903) these steps will not work. Follow these steps if you are using an older version of Windows 10.
- Press the Windows key + R.
- Type control and click OK to open Control Panel.
- Click on Appearances and Personalization.
- Click on Personalization.
- Select Desktop Background.
- Click the Browse button to add the picture that you want to use.
- Make sure you have selected the image that you want to set as wallpaper.
- Right-click on the image and select ‘Set for Monitor 1/2/3’.
Repeat the steps for other monitors as well. If you want to customize a bit more, explore the Picture position and shuffle feature just below the Set for Monitor option.
You can set Windows to change the wallpaper as frequently as every 30 minutes. You can also shuffle the images from the library.
Don’t forget to use the power saver feature to conserve power when on battery.
3. Use a third-party tool to automate the process
There are multiple third-party tools that can automate the background wallpaper setting process on multiple monitors. John’s Background Switcher for Windows is one such tool.
It allows you to set different wallpaper background on different monitors. Apart from that, it can also change the wallpaper frequently by downloading them from stock-free images sources like Flickr and Pixabay.
- Download John’s Background Switcher.
- Run the tool to install.
- Launch the tool. You can access it from the system tray.
- Click the Add button and select Pictures on your computer.
- Add all the pictures that you want to set as your background.
- Under Switch Options, click the dropdown menu under Multiple monitors.
- Select Different pictures on each monitor.
- Click OK to save the changes.
You can also change how frequently the background wallpaper changes, picture mode, and even add your Dropbox and other cloud accounts as the image source.
That’s it. By following the steps you can set a different wallpaper for different monitors in Windows 10. Do let us know your favorite wallpaper configuration in the comments.