Instagram is one of the most popular social networking apps. While other social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter are accessible from both the computer as well as smartphones, Instagram has limited the use of Instagram to smartphones only. Now, what if you want to upload images to Instagram from PC? Well, you cannot do it from the Instagram web client.
However, there is a workaround that allows you to upload images to your Instagram account using your computer. here is how to do it.
How to Upload Images to Instagram from your Computer
- Open your web browser like Google Chrome.
- Go to the Instagram web client.
- Log in to your Instagram account.
- Click the Menu icon ( three dots) top right corner in Chrome.
- Go to More Tools > Developer Tools.
- In the Developer Tools, click the “Toggle Device Toolbar” option. Alternatively, you can press Ctrl + Shift + M to enable the Device Toolbar.
- Click the Responsive drop-down menu and select any one of the smartphone device listed. You can also leave it at it Responsive if you want.
- Now click the Refresh (Ctrl + R) button on your browser and close the Developer Tools window.
- Click the + Add button at the bottom of the page and upload your image.
- Click on the Edit button to make any changes and to add caption and hashtag.
- Click on the Share button to publish the picture.
That’s it. You are now able to upload all your Instagram images directly from the computer. On the flip side, I did not find any options to add filters to your photos, which probably not available or I simply missed it.
Why this Instagram Workaround is Required?
While the users can access their Instagram account from the web client on their PC, the accessibility is limited to browsing only. The users cannot upload or post any pictures on their Instagram account.
This means that the users need to move all their edited images to their smartphone first and then upload. However, using the above method you can upload images to Instagram from PC with ease.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE: