If you have enabled Do Not Disturb option on your Android phone, but still, want to allow calls from contacts then here is how to receive calls when DND is enabled in Android.
If you are receiving unwanted calls and messages from an unknown person, or you just don’t want to receive calls from a particular contact, you can use third-party apps available in the Play Store that provides whitelist and blacklist features.
If you don’t want to install a third-party app to black and whitelist calls then you use the built-in Do Not Disturb feature in Android. When turned on, the DND feature will block all notifications and incoming calls until you disable it.
This is not an ideal solution but comes in handy if you don’t want to be disturbed at night when you are sleeping. But, some calls can be important.
In this situation, what you can do is that enable Do Not Disturb but also make an exception for important calls that can pass through the DND firewall.
Here in this post today, I am gonna show you how to receive calls when Do not Disturb is enabled in Android phone.
So today, in this guide, you will learn how to setup a whitelist on Samsung Galaxy devices without using third party apps. To do so follow the below-given steps carefully.
Whitelist on Samsung Galaxy without using Third Party Apps
Since you are setting up whitelist on your Samsung devices, probably it should be running on TouchWiz UI. So in order to set up the whitelist on Touchwiz Launcher follow the steps given below.
- First of all, pull down the quick settings panel.
- Now tap and hold Do Not Disturb option.
- In Do Not Disturb, select the option Allow Exceptions.
- Now here you can enable Do Not Disturb Mode, Calls, Messages, Alarms and Calls and/or Messages from.
- Select Calls, and choose Favourite Contacts Only / Contacts Only.
- Now just go to contacts and add people from which you want to receive calls and messages to favourite contacts/contacts, which you had selected in the previous steps.
That’s all you need to do. Once you are done with this, you can now enable Do Not Disturb option whenever you want, and receive calls and messages from selected contacts and block all other contacts.
So, this is how you can receive calls by whitelisting specific contacts even when the DND is enabled in Android phone.